Adsense

Monday, January 02, 2006

Woman's Work is Never Done


This pencil drawing was created in the mid '80s while I was attending university at the same time as raising my 4 young kids.

Look closely: You'll see a female robot carrying a bag of tools and dragging behind her a vacuum cleaner; she is surrounded by chaos. I guess it's how I felt at the time.

Peter Kolisnyk's 'Line and Form' year-long course was by far the most demanding course of any I'd ever taken. We were expected to complete a portfolio each semester; my dining room table, transformed into an art studio, was inoperable for eating or guests the entire school year. I wish I could show you the "Lust/Love" ink and potato print that was the talk of the year-end show, but this is a family site. Posted by Picasa

No comments: